Saturday, November 19, 2011

Could it be a good start to the week...


With the water temp still just over 12 degrees and some decent looking weather on the way with building tides during the week it just might be a good week to get the lures out .
The weather over the last few weeks has been less than ideal for lure fishing but this ( fingers crossed ) could be the break we have been waiting on . If the weather does what it is supposed to do the main challenge is going to be finding clean water . Now when I say clean water it does not have to be gin clear and no weed just clean enough for me to see my lure from about 10ft . Over the last two years I have started fishing water that before I would have walked away from . A bit of colour in the water does not put me off anymore as it has been proven over and over again that the fish are still there and willing to chase a lure in coloured water .

So if you are like me and itching to get out with the lures this could be the week to land a monster .

The hard lures I intend using this week will be from 120mm upwards and a range of soft plastics , slow the retrieve down and give the fish an opportunity to hit . ( just my thoughts on how I will approach my fishing this week )

Hope some of you can make it out for what seems to be a small window of opportunity .

Tight lines.